A bridge loan is a short-term loan used in both commercial and residential real estate. Homebuyers sometimes take out bridge loans, which provides the money to help buy a new home, investment property or commercial building. Bridge loans are typically used until a person or company either secures permanent financing with a traditional lender or removes the obligation through the sale of the property. Bridge loans generally have higher interest rates than conventional or bank loans, and are written for shorter periods of time.
Finance Your Next Transaction With Wilshire Quinn
- A nationwide direct lender, not a broker
- Pre-approval in 24 hours
- Typical funding times in five to seven days
- Loan amounts up to $10,000,000
- Foreign nationals OK
Purchase | Refinance | Cash-Out | Rehab | 1031 Exchange
Get a Quote on a Bridge Loan
Get started by completing the form below and an associate will reach out to get your loan details
What Is a Bridge Loan?
Bridge loans are temporary, short-term asset-based loans through which a borrower receives funds secured by real property. Bridge Loans help home and real estate buyers secure funding and allow for transition time when selling one home and buying another. Here are five aspects of a bridge loan:
- Collateral: Your current home or investment properties you own is used for collateral.
- Short term: 6 to 24 month payoff time is typical.
- Interest rate: Usually about 8-11% is typical.
- Repayment penalties: Not typical but it depends on the loan scenario.
5 Reasons to Get a Bridge Loan
- Buying at auction: If you are buying a home at auction, a bridge loan can provide the funds you need to win the bid without having to come up with cash. You will need to have enough equity in your primary home or own it free and clear.
- Buying a rental property: This group buys a property with the intention of renting it out, letting it appreciate over time, and/or selling it after prices increase. Typically these types of borrowers use our Fund as a short term solution, or bridge, until they can refinance with a traditional bank with lower rates.
- Flippers: These investors, also known as “flippers,” often find the conventional lending world reluctant to finance their projects. The properties usually need repair, and most conventional lenders are not interested in making loans on properties in need of major repair.
- Relocating: If you need to relocate to another city, bridge financing can quickly provide the necessary capital to purchase a new property before you sell your current property.
- Business Owners Looking To Pull Cash Out Of Existing Properties: Sometimes people have significant equity in properties they own; they may even own a property with no debt at all. Owners can pull cash out of their properties quickly with a loan from Wilshire Quinn, the proceeds of which can be used for business purposes.
Speak with an underwriter about a Bridge Loan. Give us a call: 619-872-6000
|CLOSING TIME||Typically 5 to 7 days|
|LOAN SIZE||$200,000 to $10,000,000|
|LTV||Up to 60% LTV and 60% of ARV for rehab loans, not to exceed 90% of the purchase price|
|LIEN POSITION||First Trust Deeds Only|
|LOAN TERM||3 to 24 months|
|INTEREST RATES||8.5% to 12%|
|ORIGINATION FEES||1 to 5 points based on location and property, LTV, credit worthiness of the borrower, loan amount and term|
|LENDING AREAS||Nationwide, in metropolitan and coastal areas|
Our Lending Program:
Closing Time: Typically 5 to 7 days
Loan Size: $200,000 to $10,000,000
- LTV: Up to 60% and 60% of ARV for rehab loans, not to exceed 90% of the purchase price
Lien Position: First Trust Deeds
Loan Term: 3 to 24 months
Interest Rate: 8.5% to 12%
Amortization: Interest-only payments
Private Money Bridge Loans
Are you looking for short-term financing through a Bridge Loan?
At Wilshire Quinn we control the lending process and can provide fast answers and quick closings for your purchase, refinance or rehab project. We are a direct private money lender financing bridge loans for commercial and residential real estate. We lend bridge loans nationwide from $200,000 to $10,000,000.
Advantages of a Bridge Loan
Whether you are looking to secure financing for a purchase, refinance, or cash-out refinance, here are some advantages to using a bridge loan:
- Speed / Closing Time: Qualifying and being approved for a hard money loan is a significantly faster process than applying for a traditional loan through a bank. Wilshire Quinn typically funds hard money loans in 5 to 7 business days.
- Credit score not a major factor: Asset based lending means we base our loan amounts on the value of real estate, such as an investment property, multifamily building, or commercial building, rather than strictly on a borrower’s credit score and debt to income levels.
- Rehab and non-stabilized property financing Properties that require substantial rehab or that have high vacancy rates often can be difficult for traditional lenders to finance. Bridge lenders such as Wilshire Quinn have the ability to structure deals to allow investors to rehab and stabilize properties.
Looking for a bridge loan? Chat with a representative online to discuss your loan or call us at 619-872-6000.
Here’s What Our Borrowers Are Saying
A Proven Bridge Loan Lender, Lending Nationwide
FAQs – Bridge Loans
After receiving a signed term sheet, Wilshire Quinn typically funds a loan in five to seven business days.
We will consider a wide variety of loan types including: purchase, refinance, cash-out refinance, partnership buyouts, rehabs, 1031 exchanges and value-added acquisitions.
You can either complete our online loan application, email or call us. We would prefer to talk through your loan scenario directly, as we can determine in a matter of minutes, once we have a few simple questions answered, if we have interest.
Most of our portfolio is in California but we do have the ability to lend nationwide. We strongly prefer to lend in major-metropolitan areas.
A bridge loan is a real estate backed loan where a borrower receives funds secured by equity in their property (or properties). Bridge lenders like Wilshire Quinn are mainly focused on the equity in the property as opposed to borrower credit and financials. Bridge loans are typically short term ranging from 6 months up to 2 years.
Bridge lenders like Wilshire Quinn primarily focus on a property’s equity in the property to secure the loan. The borrower’s credit is considered, but is not a primary determinant in the underwriting process.
Our interest rates typically range from 8.5% to 12%, interest-only. Lender origination points typically range from 1% to 5% of the loan amount. The borrower pays for standard closing costs (title, escrow, legal).
Submit a loan request
Partner with a Direct Lender and fund your loan quickly.